New to Indoor Cycling? Here is what to Xpect:
- What to Wear – You’ll feel most comfortable wearing a moisture-wicking tee shirt or tank top with form-fitting capris or cycling shorts. Avoid long, loose-fitting pants, which risk being tangled in the bike.
- Nourish and Hydrate – The key to a healthy body is staying hydrated. Drink water before, during, and after your ride. We recommend eating a simple carbohydrate snack 30 minutes before the class to keep your blood sugar up and energy strong. Core Water is for sale, or you can refill your own water bottle at our hydration station.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes before class begins and inform the front desk staff if it is your first time riding with us. We’ll get you outfitted with cycling shoes and you’ll be riding like a pro in no time.
- Sign in - If you reserved a bike in advance, your name will appear on the sign-in sheet at the front desk. Initial next to your name so that we know you’re here. It’s important to sign-in for every class in which you are reserved. If you’re not signed in 5 minutes before class, your spot may be released to allow for walk-ins.
- Waiver and Release – You will need to fill out our new rider waiver on site. Note that riders under 18 must have their parent or guardian sign the waiver in person. Riders under 16 must have a parent riding with them.
- For safety and effectiveness, our classes require cycling shoes, which provide a more stable ride and allow you to work the correct muscle groups. Shoes are free for your first two classes, and future rentals are $2. Our staff will assist you in learning how to clip in and clip out. If you already have your own cycling shoes, our pedals are compatible with both Look/Delta and SPD cleats.
- Our custom digital lockers have coded keypads to keep your personal items secure during the ride. They are easy to use, and directions are printed inside each locker. They are also equipped with USB outlets – so leave the phone safely stored and out of the classroom while it conveniently powers up!
- For your convenience, we offer immaculate men and women’s facilities each equipped with showers, towels and spa-grade amenities. We thought of every detail and provide hair dryers, curling irons and luxurious grooming products.
- Safety and comfort is a priority. Being properly set up is the key to getting the most out of your ride. Proper alignment ensures you are working efficiently and effectively and also prevents injury. As a new rider, it is important that one our skilled staff members assist you in setting up your bike taking into consideration:
- Seat height
- Fore-and-aft seat position
- Handlebar height
- Onboard Computer to measure Power and RPM’s
- XCYCLE offers high-intensity cardio training and full-body rides. Like any new physical endeavor, you may want to consult your doctor first. Before class, make sure to check that all bike adjustments are tight, your cycling shoes are secure in the pedals, and that you test the brake.
- Our instructors will inspire you to push yourself, but please listen to your body and work at a pace that is comfortable for you. If you feel any unusual or persistent symptoms, please seek medical attention.